Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Peche - Sailor Jentle Ink Review

I think these are peach blossoms
 Sailor Jentle Ink in Peche is a powdery pink with a lilac undertone. It's reminds me more of magnolia petals than those of peach blossom though. The ink seems to have a watery consistency that's not well-flowing at all (since the slime it formed clogged my fine nibbed Pilot 78G, not sure if it's the ink or the weather here) after switching to a Lamy Safari Broad, it's still not that wet.

Even though the color is romantic and unique, it kind of shocked me how faint the color is, to a degree that it's unreadable unless you use a very wet pen (I only use broad for drawing). You would think this would be perfect for love letters...But no, your crush will have difficulty reading it. Anyway, the ink doesn't feather and the water resistance is actually pretty good, as only 20% of the pink got washed away after a drip-and-wipe test. 
 Overall: Pretty and pretty useless (for me).

P.S. If you wonder why there is nothing peachy about the color, it's because soft pink is called momo-iro (peach color) in Japanese.

4 comments:

  1. I am surprised how light it is! Most of other Sailor Jentle ink I have are very saturated. I guess you can dip a brush in the inkwell for coloring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea (I was thinking about just waste it all with a wet fude nib). I remember it was a little more condensed when I used it on a Pilot 78G fine...before the slime incident anyway.

      Delete
  2. It is a pretty color, but I don't think I would use it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be better for dip pen user though. (I was thinking that if I dilute J Herbin rouge opera I might get a similar powdery pink)....

      Delete