Thursday, February 28, 2013

Inked This Month - Feburary 2013

I usually consume 1-1.5ml (a cartridge-full) of ink each week so every month, I (try to) limit my inked pen to four instead. In that way, I will get some variation (in addition to the porous-points and gel-pens tossed in my bag) while also each pen would get its time to shine.
J Herbin Refillable Rollerball - Noodler's No.41 Brown
Even though it's a little too light to be held for a long while, the pen lays down a smooth and even 0.5mm line (I actually don't care about line variation) and the ink is a warm sepia that appears orange in a bigger pool.
Lamy Safari F- Noodler's Bulletproof Black
A reliable combo for daily writing. I love the no-frill, well-behaved ink but I don't think I want to use it on any pen that's remotely expensive.

Pilot Custom Heritage 91 B - Lamy Turquoise
The combo is a killer shader (Ok, the broad is a little too thick for casual use/my handwriting).

Sailor Sapporo H-M - Diamine Violet 
Another reliable daily writer (the construction is more solid and the nib is smoother compared to Lamy fine). I mainly ink it with better-flowing ink that are easier to clean.
A close up of the J. Herbin Rollerball Pen. I haven't used it for four days and it's already dried up (it didn't start dry, it simply stopped working). I know Noodler's bulletproof inks stain the inside of the barrel (converter and ink vial) but I didn't know this would clog up the pen this quickly. I guess the ink has bonded with the cotton (or whatever material it is) cord inside the pen as it dries...Let's hope I can revive it with a wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment