Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stationery Clearance at Target & Michael's

If you run through a lot of gel pens through out the months - It's a good time to stock up since there are some massive clearance sales going on at Target and Michael's. First let's take at look at the sea of red stickers at Target:
Write (never heard of the brand) ballpoint (meh...) half off at 1.37 
Three Pilot 1.0mm G2 in blue (I love this color though 0.7mm is already kind of thick for me) for 2.01 and some Target copy.
 Pilot Dr.Grip for 3.14 - Still a little expensive but I like the pen's body though

Pilot Easy Touch ballpoint (meh again) 
Pilot V7 RT three pen and one highlighter for 2.84...Sweet deal (but I think I have 3 of these pen I stocked up urgh...2 years ago. Yeah, I stock up on stationery whenever I saw them on clearance.)
Write Phantom roller gel
Three Bic permanent markers for 34 cents - Too bad I don't draw with thick pens though
A thinner black marker from Bic
Four fine tip permanent marker from Bic for 1.57  (I would buy it if all of them are black)
A bunch of notebook are on sale as well (most with 20% discount...not good enough for the cheap, thin paper they use)
I suppose some ones have pretty cover
Random DSK storage box (there are bunch of other trays like this on clearance I just didn't bother to take picture). Enough with Target, let's get back to Michael's (I have been stalking the store trying to catch a wooden crochet hook on further clearance, as 7 dollars is still too much)...
Sakura Metallics markers
Sakura Permapaque metallic opaque marker
Koh-i-Noor Rapido Sketch Art pen - I have been wanting to try them for a long time (but I have read about the plastic breaking after a few months of use at Amazon).
Lastly, all the masking tape are now down to 1.49 (I was still too overwhelmed to know what to get).
 Anyway, I guess if you live close to any of those store, it's time for a visit!

1 comment:

  1. Koh-i-Noor Rapido Sketch Art pen - I have been wanting to try them for a long time (but I have read about the plastic breaking after a few months of use at Amazon).

    I'd say you missed out on the original Koh-I-Noor Artpens of the 70's myself. Those were the best.
    http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/76560-koh-i-noor-artpen/
    http://stephanie-piro.blogspot.com/2011/11/back-in-late-60s-and-early-70s-when-i.html
    http://stephanie-piro.blogspot.com/2012/05/return-of-artpens.html

    Reading this reminded me of the time in the early 2000's when my Michaels had a clearance on its Rapidograph products and I barely managed to pick up a few things like the pen cleaner and inks, after that, they just sold the regular multi-set I also bought with a 40% coupon. Not sure if they still do.

    ReplyDelete